Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dentists

My drawing of a smiling mouth showing lots of teeth

Husband had his wisdom tooth pulled this week.  It was his first time getting the laughing gas (nitrous oxide).  I get the gas every time I go to the dentist.  Every time.  It's really the only perk they offer.  Sometimes, if I'm lucky, the assistant will ask me if I'm feeling the effects of the gas yet and when I lie and say 'no', she will crank the gas up a little higher. 

There was only one time that getting laughing gas was not so fun.  I was a new patient at the dentist's and when the assistant bent down to put the laughing gas dispenser over my nose she stopped suddenly and jerked her hands away.

"Oh," she said.  "I'm going to have to change nose pieces.  I can see that you'll need the X-Large size to fit over your nose."

Talk about a buzz kill.  I spent the rest of the appointment obsessing over the X-Largeness of my nose and trying to give the mean, evil assistant dirty looks.  Not that she could see them over my honking snout.....

1 comment:

oneal629 said...

I've been reading your posts in a backwardly direction. I have to take a break now, because this one has me cracking up, even moreso than the others. I'll be back though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails