Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Sticks

I have decided to take my strangeness out of the neighborhood
and release it freely on the city at large.
I first tested this idea with our friendly stones
and found it to be quite wonderful.
So, without further ado,
City, I present to you:  HAPPY STICKS!

Some of you astute readers may find these similar in appearance to
the hobo sticks of earlier posts,
but take a closer look:

These balloons are hanging loosely from their sticks so they blow freely in the breeze.
Much more fun than the hobo version that had the balloons tied directly to the stick.

Anyway, I took seven sticks to a downtown park and left them with little notes
attached encouraging people to take a stick and wishing them a happy day.
Here's a look at the notes:

My hope is that some people will discover the Happy Sticks
and maybe even get a smile out of them.

Have a great day everyone
and feel free to use the happy stick idea in your own town!

1 comment:

O'Neal said...

Fun idea. Good thing you didn't use helium in the balloons, the happy sticks would have floated away and not made anyone happy at all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails