Sunday, August 29, 2010

Once Lost, Now Found

As summer begins to wind down,
our ferns around the bird feeders are dying back and thinning out
leaving some of the ground exposed for the first time since Spring.
And guess who I found?

Something in the Ferns

Oh my gosh!
Could it be?
Let's take a closer look.

Zoom in on Ferns

Yes, yes!
It's my long lost Rabbit friend!
The poor guy disappeared from his garden perch on May 12th, 2010
and apparently has been lying face down in the dirt all summer.
I have no idea how he got moved underneath the ferns
but I was so happy to see him.

Long Lost Rabbit Friend

He didn't look too bad, all things considered.
I gave him a bath and some soothing, encouraging words
then found him a new place in the garden
surrounded by cheerful flowers.

Rabbit Friend in New Home

He is such a happy guy.
Welcome back Rabbit friend!

3 comments:

O'Neal said...

Phant did it.

Husband said...

The elephant is innocent of all charges brought against him.

O'Neal said...

Husband doth protest too much. Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails