Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love Handles

I love my bicycle.
It's one of my most favorite things ever.
So, you can imagine how excited I was
when I was given the chance to supe-her-up recently!

Having rented a beach cruiser bicycle
while out in California last spring:
Bicycle rented in Venice Beach
I knew that cruiser handlebars would make
the perfect new addition to my bicycle.

To refresh your memory,
here is a picture of my bike before,
with the old mountain bike handlebars:
Decorated Bicycle

And here she is now:
Beach Cruiser Bicycle
Isn't she beautiful?

The cruiser handlebars are 28 inches wide
and rise up 6 inches.
Cruiser Handlebars on my Bike
This means that I now sit straight up when riding.
No more hunkering forward
with all my weight supported on my wrists and hands.
Also, sitting straight up  means that
I no longer have to crank my neck upward
in order to look forward.
Bicycle with Beach Cruiser Handlebars
I always knew I loved my bike,
but now I love her even  more.

In fact,
I think I'll go out for a ride.
Happy Pedaling everyone!

PS.  I'm thinking that the new handlebars are
calling for me to add on even more decorations.
What do you think?

2 comments:

Winnie's Girl said...

You should totally add streamers!

Cari said...

I was SO thinking of streamers. Husband thinks they would be too much. Well, now it's two against one! Thanks for the suggestion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails