Friday, November 18, 2011

Sandless

Our weather has turned chilly.
A recent trip to the beach
found windy conditions that were
quite unfavorable for sandcastle making.
Bummer.

Yet, let it be known,
that when a girl has a craving to build a castle,
a way to build will be found.

Paper Castle
Ta-Da:
a Paper Castle!
Built indoors,
where I was safe from the frigid beach winds.

Paper Castle
I found the pattern on this website.
They recommend you make the castle out of cardboard,
but plain computer paper worked fine for me.

Paper Castle

Now all it needs is a little landscaping.

And a princess, of course.


5 comments:

Parental Figure said...

Cool! Maybe a little dangerous if the dragon comes a visiting.

Cari said...

Yes, yes, it needs a kind, gentle dragon!

Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea, and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee...

O'Neal said...

....Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff,
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. Oh...

Thanks a lot. Now I will have that song in my head for the rest of the day.

2 down, more to go!

Cari said...

Sorry about the song. This season, I had "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas..." stuck in my head for weeks. It was the worst. Hopefully your Puff is gone soon.

O'Neal said...

Oh wow, the hippo song, that's even worse. Lesson learned for you, I hope. No more paper castle-making in the house. It's just not worth the widespread mental torture aftermath.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails